- 1. GETTING STARTED WITH PICKMEAPP
- 2. PICKMEAPP SETUP
- 3. USING PICKMEAPP
- 4. CAPTURING AN APPLICATION
- 5. DEPLOYING A CAPTURED APPLICATION
- 6. PICKMEAPP AS APPLICATION MANAGER
- 7. PICKMEAPP LIGHT
- 8. CONFIGURATION
- 9. TROUBLESHOOTING
6. PICKMEAPP AS APPLICATION MANAGER
Now, alongside with programs and settings transfer, PickMeApp helps you to discover, download and install any of existing windows applications with just a few clicks.
PickMeApp is doing it by supporting Portable Application Description (PAD) format as well as our proprietary extension supporting silent , unattended installations of Windows applications.
As an example of PickMeApp usage as Application Manager the PickMeApp distribution includes the PickMeApp Collection of 120 popular one-click installable programs.
All included programs are the latest releases linked directly to their original publisher sites.
- Those applications can be installed at once by PickMeApp .
- All installation work is done in the background.
- Applications are downloaded from each publisher's official site.
- The applications will be installed in their default locations.
- They will not bother you with any choices or options.
- They will be installed without extra junks like toolbars or etc.
- They will skip any reboot requests from installers. So please restart PC manually at the end
Each day we review, test and add new programs to our PickMeApp Collection.
All registered users who frequently install programs using PickMeApp will enjoy automatic updates of our growing PickMeApp Collection.
6.2. Portable Application Description (PAD) format.
Portable Application Description (PAD) is a machine-readable document format designed by Association of Shareware Professionals. It allows software authors to provide product descriptions and specifications to online sources in a standard way, using a simple XML schema that allows webmasters and program librarians to automate program listings. PAD files most commonly have .XML or .PAD file name extension..
Regularly updated PAD files are published by thousands of software information services and software catalogs
The ASP organization maintains PAD repository with more then 200,000 constantly updated software descriptors.
Additionally PAD files can be found in the following repositories.
A standard PAD file may include the following information about an application
- Application Name and Version
- Supported platforms
- Publisher Name
- Download links
- Type of license and EULA
6.3. Quick Introduction to use PickMeAp with PAD files
To make PickMeApp to recognize PAD files, the files need to be uploaded to one of PickMeApp profiles.
As soon as a PAD file is uploaded to a PickMeApp profile, PickMeApp is able to read an application description, to download an application package and to run an application installer upon request.
Moreover if a PAD file includes a special PickMeApp extension (TAD), PickMeApp is able to provide a one click install of several chosen applications at once.
To use PickMeAp with PAD files you need to do the following steps:
- Go to software repositories and download PAD files of interesting applications.
- Import PAD files to an existing PickMeApp profile or create a new profile with those PAD files.
- PickMeApp will recognize those files and will list those applications on the Right Panel, alongside with captured applications.
- Now all standard PickMeApp features are applied to application descriptors as well.
Links for software repositories where PAD files can be found
6.4. T-APP Application Description (TAD) format.
T-APP Application Description (TAD) format is an extension of PAD format.
It allows to specify silent or unattended installation instructions
Current version supports
- command line directives
- TAP files.
The following xml tags should be presented in PAD file.
<Type>MSI | CMD | TAP | ZIP</Type>
- 7-Zip TAD extension
<PMA> <PMA_Extension_Version>1</PMA_Extension_Version> <PMA_Silent_Install> <Type>MSI</Type> <CmdLine>app.msi</CmdLine> </PMA_Silent_Install> </PMA>
<PMA> <PMA_Extension_Version>1</PMA_Extension_Version> <PMA_Silent_Install> <Type>CMD</Type> <CmdLine>app.exe /silent</CmdLine> </PMA_Silent_Install> </PMA>
- Opera 16.0.11
<PMA> <PMA_Extension_Version>1</PMA_Extension_Version> <PMA_Silent_Install> <Type>CMD</Type> <CmdLine>app.exe /silent /launchopera 0 /desktopshortcut 1 /quicklaunchshortcut 0 /setdefaultbrowser 0 /allusers</CmdLine> </PMA_Silent_Install> </PMA>
Note: ZIP type is the same as CMD type, but firstly PickMeApp unpacks the downloaded package. <CmdLine> should point to the exact name of the executable.
Copyright © 2017 PickMeApp.com | design by bureau.co.il