To move from an old computer, the following steps should be done:
- Install new OS on the new PC (if it is not preinstalled there)
- Install frameworks like .Net, Java etc..
- Decide on transfer method (Network drive, USB flash drive, Remote Storage, etc..)
- Run PickMeApp on old PC and to capture a chosen set of programs
- Deactivate and/or uninstall programs with activation license
- Run PickMeApp on new PC and reinstall programs
- Reinstall applications that cannot be transferred by PickMeApp
- Use Windows Easy Transfer to transfer settings and files to the new system
- Activate licenses a new
If a transferred application requires a license key that you lost, you can use a keyfinder program to retrieve the key.
If old and new computers are networked you can open PickMeApp profile directly at the new computer hard drive.