PickMeApp helps manage your installation packages. Alongside packages created by capturing installed applications, PickMeApp can discover, download, and install any existing Windows application in just a few clicks.
Among the advantages of using PickMeApp as an application manager are:
- It helps discover, download, and install silently any Windows application.
- It identifies how to install or to remove program silently, or without user intervention.
- It keeps track of new package releases automatically.
- It works completely offline with local repositories of custom software.
- It creates and manages your own personal collection of installation packages , in the cloud or locally, centralized or distributed.
- It has a built-in PickMeApp Collection of 120 popular silently installable programs.
PickMeApp supports, MSI, exe, tap, tad, and pad (XML) packages as well as package collections available in ZIP files.
- TAP Packages: They are Captured Application packages. All captured applications in PickMeApp are saved as TAP packages. TAP is proprietary to PickMeApp.
- MSI packages that are built using Windows Installer, a Windows component and application programming interface (API) used in installing, maintaining, and removing software.
- PickMeApp supports EXE file setups, which are self-extracting installation packages build by installers such as Inno Setup , NSIS, Wise, and others as well as by PickMeApp.
- PAD Packages: These are installation packages that come in the Portable Application Description (PAD) format. PAD format is a machine-readable document format designed by the Association of Shareware Professionals. It allows software authors to provide product descriptions and specifications to online sources in a standard way, using a simple XML schema that allows webmasters and program librarians to automate program listings. PAD files most commonly have a .XML or .PAD file name extension. The following global repository is used to publish PAD files http://repository.appvisor.com/
- TAD Packages: This PAD extension, which allows support for silent, unattended installations of Windows applications, is proprietary to PickMeApp.